Relationship of accessibility oral health care with sosiodemografi conditions in urban and rural areas of Indonesia, 2018: Pilot Pathfinder Survey
Objective: To know the relation of accessibility oral health care with sociodemographic conditions in urban and rural areas of Gowa Regency, South Sulawesi in 2018.Material and Methods: This study used pilot pathfinder survey, conducted in Gowa Regency in April 2018. The subject consisted of 420 people. Data were collected using Oral Health Special Eurobarometer 330 questionnaire. Data analysis using SPSS 24.0 with Chi-square test and significant value p <0.005.Results: Based on sociodemographic conditions, the main reason most preferred to visit dentist is emergency care (pain). There is a significant relationship between accessibility oral health care with location, education level and income society and there is no significant relationship between accessibility oral health care with age, sex and community work.Conclusion: There is a significant relationship between accessibilit oral health care with sociodemographic conditions in urban and rural areas of Gowa regency 2018.
- Abdullah E, Idris A, Saparon A. Papr reduction using
- scs-slm technique in stfbc mimo-ofdm. ARPN J Eng Appl
- Sci 2017;12: 3218â€“3221.
- Agency for Health Research and Development. Basic
- Health Research (RISKESDAS); 2013. p. 1â€“384.
- Biordi DL, Heitzer M, Mundy E, et al. Improving access
- and provision of preventive oral health care for very
- young, poor, and low income children through a new
- interdisciplinary partnership. Am J Public Health
- ;105: e26-e29.
- Cornejo-Ovalle M, Paraje G, VÃ¡squez-LavÃn F, et al.
- Changes in socioeconomic inequalities in the use of dental
- care following major health-care reform in Chile, 2004â€“2009.
- Int J Environ Res Public Health 2015;12: 2823-2836.
- Gaber A, Galarneau C, Feine JS, et al. Rural-urban
- disparity in oral health related quality of life.
- Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 2018;46: 132-142.
- Gaszynska E, Szatko F, Godala M, et al. Oral health
- status, dental treatment needs and barriers to dental care
- of elderly care home residents in Lodz, Poland. Clin Interv
- Aging 2014;9: 1637-1644.
- Hamano T, Takeda M, Tominaga K, et al. Is accessibility to
- dental care facilities in rural areas associated with number
- of teeth in elderly residents? Int J Environ Res Public
- Health2017;14: 10-15.
- Akbar FH, Tegar JM. Relationship between Service
- Quality on Public Health Center and Patient Satisfaction.
- Glob J Health Sci 2017;9: 96.
- Mathur MR, Tsakos G, Parmar P, et al. Socioeconomic
- inequalities and determinants of oral hygiene status
- among Urban Indian adolescents. Community Dent Oral
- Epidemiol 2016;44: 248-254.
- Molarius A, Engstrom S, Flink H, et al.
- Socioeconomic differences in self-rated oral health and
- dental care utilisation after the dental care reform in 2008
- in Sweden. BMC Oral Health 2014;14: 134.
- Nasseh K, Eisenberg Y, Vujicic M. Geographic access to
- dental care varies in Missouri and Wisconsin. J Public
- Health Dent 2017;77: 197â€“206.
- Akbar FH, Anwar AI. The correlation between denture
- usage satisfactions on quality life of the elderly. J
- Dentomaxillofac Sci 2017;2: 100-104.
How to Cite
Akbar, F. H. (2019). Relationship of accessibility oral health care with sosiodemografi conditions in urban and rural areas of Indonesia, 2018: Pilot Pathfinder Survey. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 4(3), 163–169. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v4i3.1022