Constructing halitosis sensor for early detection in periodontal diseases
Objective: The purpose of this research is to create a halitosis sensor device that can detect periodontal disease through bad breath.Material and Methods:The method used is MQ 136 gas sensor which possesses high sensitivity to H2S gas and can monitor organic vapor including sulfur well.Results: The result of the resistance value obtained in the sensor is changed to the concentration value of the substance and displayed inÂ the LCD. When the power button is switched on then the power supply from the battery is flowing in the Arduino and LCD. When the â€œresultâ€ button is pressed it will appear the desired result on the LCD in the form of H2S element concentration and also predicted the status of periodontal disease suffered by the patient.Conclusion:This halitosis sensor can detect early periodontal disease experienced by a person so that patients with a suspected periodontal disease can be treated as soon as possible.
- Wijaksana IKE. Infectobesity and periodontitis: a twoway relationship between obesity and periodontal disease.
- ODONTO Dent J 2016;3: 67. (In Indonesia)
- Widagdo Y, Suntya K. Volatile sulfur compounds sebagai
- penyebab halitosis. Interdental 2012;5: 1-2.
- Alshehri FA. Knowledge and attitude of Saudi individuals
- toward self-perceived halitosis. Saudi J Dent Res 2016;7:
- Kuroshita R. Relation between counts of periodontophatic
- bacteria in the tongue coat of healthy subject and the
- concentration of volatile sulfur compounds un their
- breath. Pediatric Dent J 2010;20: 57-60.
- Kapoor U, Sharma G, Juneja M, et al. Halitosis: current
- concepts on etiology, diagnosis and management. Eur J
- Dent 2016;10: 292-300.
- Sembiring IA, Adam AM. Periodontal management of
- the elderly with medical compromise: a case report. J
- Dentomaxillofac Sci 2019;4: 59-62.
- Senjaya AA. Perawatan halitosis. Jurnal Skala Husada
- ;8: 128-129.
- Nogalcheva AN, Konstantinova D. Halitosis in patients
- with end-stage chronic kidney disease undergoing chronic
- dialysis treatment. Int J Sci Res 2016;5: 875.
- Kim JG. Halimeter ppb levels as the predictor of erosive
- gastroesophageal reflux disease. Gut and Liver 2010;4: 321.
How to Cite
Hamrun, N., Azalia, F., Auliya, N., & Riswan, M. (2020). Constructing halitosis sensor for early detection in periodontal diseases. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 5(2), 110–113. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v5i2.1080