Validitas Pemeriksaan Radiografi Bite-Wing Pada Karies Sekunder Restor; Amalgam
Secondary caries is one of cause the importance of commutation ofamalgam restoration. The ; existence of sekunder karies can be detectwith visual method and tactile sensation with sonde, but this notapplicable if the lesion is small or not seen. The difficulty to detect thislesion can be done through bite-wing radiography to support thediagnosis. Rudolphy 1 describe that at large and medium cavity willseen radio-lusen at inspection of radiography, while for small cavity will seen the image of radio-opasitas. Result of prospective study indicatethat grey discolouration have 50% sensitifity and 91% spesifity indetecting secondary caries.
- Kidd EAM, Joyston-Bechal S, Beighton D. Diagnosis of secondary caries: a laboratory study. Br Dent J 1994; 176: 135-9.
- Kidd EAM, Joyston-Bechal S. Essential of dental caries: the disease and its management. Alih bahasa: SumawinataN, Faruk S. Jakarta: EGC;1991.p.36.
- Foster LV. Validity of clinical judgements for the presence of secondary caries associated with defective amalgam restorations. Br Dent J 1994;177:89-93
- Rudolphy MP, Gorter Y, van Loveren C, van Amerongen JP. Validity of radiographs for diagnosis of secondary caries in teeth with class II amalgam restorations in vitro. Caries Res 1997;31:24-9.
- Merrett MC W, Elderton RJ. An in vitro study of restorative dental treatment decisions and dental caries. Br Dent J 1984; 157: 12833.
- Kidd EAM, O'Hara JW. The caries status of occlusal amalgam restorations with marginal defect. J Dent Res 1990; 69: 1275-7.
- Rudolphy MP, van Amerongen JP, Penning Ch, ten Cate JM. Grey discolouration and marginal fracture for the diagnosis of secondary caries in molars with occlusal amalgam restorations: an in vitro study. Caries Res 1995;29:371-6.
- Shrout MK, dan Hildebolt CF. Interpretation of base-metal dentinal radiopacities: survey results. J Am Dent Assoc 1990; 120: 683-6.
- Ketley CE, Holt RD. Visual and radiographic diagnosis of occlusal caries in first permanent molars and in second primary molars. Br Dent J 1993;174:364-70.
- Goldberg J, Tanzer J, Munster E, Amara J, Thai F, Birkhed D. Crosssectional clinical evaluation of recurrent enamel caries, restoration of marginal integrity, and oral hygiene status. J Am Dent Assoc 1981; 102: 635-41.
How to Cite
Hamudeng, A. M., & Gani, A. (2007). Validitas Pemeriksaan Radiografi Bite-Wing Pada Karies Sekunder Restor; Amalgam. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 6(2), 100–104. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v6i2.182