Kebutuhan perawatan periodontal remaja di Kabupaten Sinjai tahun 2007
This study was aimed to determine the periodontal treatment needs of teenagers inKabupaten Sinjai. The study samples consisted of 306 subjects, age range between15-20 years old, consisted 121 males and 185 females. Samples were selected throughstratified random sampling from two different senior high schools in Sinjai. Flatdental mirror and CPITN probes were used in this study. Periodontal condition wasevaluated using CPITN. The severity and prevalence of periodontal disease, as wellas its frequency distribution were evaluated and reported according to gender, age,frequency of dental brushing, and sampleâ€™s bad habit. In this study, only 11.8% ofsubjects demonstrated a healthy periodontal status. Bleeding was noted in 4.6% ofsubjects and calculus had the highest score (70.3%). Shallow and deep pockets werefound in 12.7% and 0.3% of the population studied, respectively. Hence, 11.8% ofsubjects didnâ€™t need periodontal treatment. Oral hygiene instruction, throughdemonstration, instruction, etc, was needed by 33.7% of subjects. Scaling and oralhygiene instruction was needed by 77.3%. Then, 12.7% of subjects needed scalingand oral hygiene care. And 0.3% needed scaling, root planning and oral hygieneinstruction. Scaling and oral hygiene instruction is the most needed periodontaltreatment of teenagers in Sinjai.
- Mustaqimah DN, Darmabrata W, Safrina H, Sukardi I. The effect of daily life style on periodontal health. Int J Dent 2005; 12(2):67-9.
- Albandar JM. Gobal risk factors and risk indicators for periodontal deseases. Periodontol 2000 2002; 29: 177-206.
- Manson JD, Eley B.M. Buku ajar periodonti. Alih bahasa: Anastasia. 2nd ed. Jakarta: EGC Penerbit Buku Kedokteran; 1993. p.44.
- Newman MG, Takei HH, Carranza FA, editor. Carranzaâ€™s clinical periodontology, 9 ed. Philadelphia: Saunders; 2002. p. 96-7.
- Rola F. Hubungan konsep diri dengan motivasi berprestasi pada remaja. USU Repository 2006; 15-6.
- Wawrzyn-Sobczak K, Koslowska M, Stokowska W, Karczewski JK. The evaluation of paradontium of medical students of the medical university of Bialystok according to CPITN index. Roczniki Akademii Medycznej w Bialymstoku 2005; 50(1): 158
- Adolescence. Available at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolescence.
- Accessed: June 21st, 2007.
- Fehrenbach MJ. Womenâ€™s oral health needs. Prev Angle 2005; 4 (4): 2.
- Khamrco TY. Assesment of periodontal disease using the CPITN index in a rural population in Ninevah, Iraq. Eastern Mediterranean Health J 1999; 5(3): 552.
- Katz J, Peretz B, Sgan-Cohen HD, Horev T, Eldad A. Periodontal status by CPITN, and associated variables in an Israeli permanent force military population. J Clin Periodontol 2000; 27(5): 1.
- Sanei A, Nikbakht-Nasrabadi A. Periodontal health status and treatment needs in Iranian adolescent population. Arc Iranian Med 2005;8(4): 292.
- Teen Stress. Available at http://library.thinkrequest/13561/english/teen_stress.html. Accessed: June, 21st 2007.th
- Pallos D, Sanches JC, Jose L, Cortelli R, Cortelli SC, de Souza DM, et al. Periodontal disease in a rural community in Minas Gerais, Brazil. Braz J Oral Scie 2005; 4(12): 661
- Maduakor S, Lauverjat Y, Cadot S, Da Costa Noble R, Laporte C, et al. Application of community periodontal index of treatment needs (CPITN) in Enugu (Nigeria): 31
- Ali RW, Lie T. Periodontal conditions as measured by CPITN in Sudanese adolescent and adults in two cities in Sudan. Saudi Dent J
- ; 6(2): 85.
How to Cite
Gani, A., & Taufiqurrahman, T. (2008). Kebutuhan perawatan periodontal remaja di Kabupaten Sinjai tahun 2007. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 7(2), 131–137. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v7i2.203